Summer time is here and that means some fun in the sun. That could mean in your own backyard, the beach, a pool, or enjoying those summer fests and events. Today I am sharing my favorite items for the summer found at Target.
1. Beach Bag: A good beach bag is important for any of those beach trips but even times for going to the pool. I love anything straw for the summer. It goes hand in hand. Plus a natural looking tote looks great with that clothing that usually has extra pops of color. It is a very versatile bag to match with just about anything. Plus, they tend to hold alot. I love this bag with the cute little tassel and adorable stripes. It adds the perfect little pop and stands out from the rest of the basic straw totes.
2. Beach hat: I love a great straw hat. It pairs so nicely with a straw tote and does a great job keeping that sun out of your face. A little extra sun protection doesn't hurt! Plus it looks great with a summer dress or even a swimsuit at the beach. I love this visor one because it will still work with your hair put up in a pony or bun. I know when I am out at the beach I like to keep my hair tied up and out of my way but then I can't fit my hat. This hat is the best of both worlds! Plus it rolls up nicely to easily transport to and from the beach or pool or to pack for a vacation!
3. Popsicle molds: Let's be honest. Who doesn't love a nice cold popsicle on a hot day? I know I do and my kids love them too. What I don't like is how much sugar there is inside of them. That is why I do my best to make my own popsicles so I know that my children and I are only ingesting the healthy stuff. I usually add different fruits with some water and my kids love them! I love these molds I found. They make fun little ring pops that your kids will enjoy plus safe for the wee ones.
4. Beach lounger: I like to lay back and relax when I am at the beach, but it can be difficult to carry everything that we need. I found these adorable lounge chairs. The colors are so cute on these and they fold up nicely, are lightweight, and easy to carry from home to pool or beach.
5. Beach Towel: Beach towels are a must and if they are cute then they are even more of a must have! I love the cute stripes on these towels and only $6! I want one in pretty much every color!
6. Cooler: A cooler is an essential for the summer. It is a must have for any parties or get togethers to keep those beverages cold but we also like to take ours to the beach. We pack it for drinks for ourselves but also food and drinks for the kiddos. I love the handle on it so that it is easy to transport to and from the car to the beach. I am also in LOVE with this cooler color! It is so beachy and coastal.
7. Pool float: A cute pool float is just a pool essential. Not only is it the ultimate relaxation to float on something in a pool of water in the hot hot heat, but a cute float is just a picture perfect opportunity! It also just makes pool time fun for the whole family.
8. Water bottle: Hydration is key any time of the year but even more so in the summer when we are often in a state of sweat. I prefer reusable water bottles over plastic to help the environment a bit plus it saves on money. I am in LOVE with this bottle! First, the color alone draws me in (give me anything pink!). I also like that it is stainless steel. My stainless steel bottle keeps everything so much colder than reusable plastic ones. It is also no spill. With two little kids running around and dogs that wag their tales a mighty, I need the least amount of spilling I can get.
9. Portable fan: Whether out at the beach, going for a walk, or just sitting in my backyard, there are many times that I long for a portable fan. Especially in the hot heat of the south I need a fan to cool me off. I love that this one also has misting. This is perfect for yourself or for your kids. It comes in four super fun colors!
10. Sunscreen: I'm going to get real with you for a minute. A sunscreen for the face is important all year. No matter how great of a skin care regimen you have, it all goes to waste if you don't have a sunscreen to protect all that hard work. It is what ages you the most. It is especially important to keep a sunscreen on in the summer and to make sure you reapply. A sunburn on the face is detrimental. Plus, you put yourself at risk for skin cancer. It is not worth the risk. Just protect yourself!
11. Outdoor games: Summer is the time to be outside and enjoy your family and the company of others (follow COVID-19 precautions though). Having some fun games to do outside is a great way to have fun and entertain those guests or to just enjoy as a family. This cute game set has 4 games in 1! It is great for those kids who tend to get bored very easily.