Scarf: Lands End I Top: Old Navy I Similar cardigan: Macy's
It has been feeling really cold here this week. When it is this time of year I start getting all the feels for a nice cup of hot cocoa and some of my favorite comfy cozy clothes. This scarf is one of those comfy cozy items. It is called Cashtouch and it seriously feels like cashmere. It is so soft and warm. I love this pretty plaid print for the holidays. I decided to pair it with a gingham shirt and do a little pattern mixing. All the colors are similar in tone so it still mixes and matches well. This cardigan is one of my favorites because it is nice and long to wear with leggings and has adorable pockets as well. I got it from Jane.com but if you know about Jane then you know they change the deals daily and they only last for a couple days. I never know when the cardigan deals will come back but I do see them off and on. I found a similar one linked through Macy's. If you are looking for me this winter, I will be curled up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows and extra whip cream on top!
OH and enjoy the sneak appearance of my dog Nellie. She rarely makes an appearance unless she hears the possibility of food. She probably heard the whip cream can and hoped for some to drop her way....
Sweatshirt: Target I Similar dress: Kohls I Tights: Target I Shoes: Target
There is something so fun about unicorns that have been making them progressively more and more popular among the little girls. I think it is because they are so colorful! The world of color is getting more and more popular. I mean look at some of the major bloggers. Colorful clothes and bright stripes are showing up everywhere. Whenever you see something with a unicorn it always entails alot of bright rainbow of colors.
Bree has had this adorable sweatshirt in her closet from Target. It is so cute. I have been seeing kids clothes designed so kids can dress as some of their favorite animals or creatures. They can be dinosaurs, sharks, unicorns, bunnies, cats, etc. It may not be appropriate for me as an adult to dress as an animals but for a kid, it is as cute as can be. I love all the great colors in this hoodie. Bree looks so adorable in it.
If you have a unicorn lover, a little girl or a color lover then I found more adorable items for you.
How adorable is this unicorn mug from World Market! It is so colorful and will make the morning cup of coffee so bright! It would also look great out on a shelf as decoration or on a work desk. It is perfect for the coffee lovers, color lovers, or unicorn lovers.
I found this adorable hat and scarf combo from The Children's Place. It would be so cute for those little girls in the cold weather. They would be wrapped up all super colorful and bright. Just adorable! It is a great price too! Little girls love those bright, fun, colorful clothing.
Everyone you know probably has a cell phone and I bet all if not 99% of those people have a smart phone. Who doesn't love a fun, cute case for their phone and this unicorn one is so adorable! I love the pink background and different colors of the unicorn. This one is by the Casery.
I love this plush unicorn chair from Macy's. LIttle plush chairs for kids are great! Bree has a Peppa Pig one and she sits in it all the time. They are perfect for bedrooms or even play rooms. It is a nice seat for kids to sit and read in. Such a cute addition to kids' decor.
So apparently there is some young sensation named JoJo Siwa and she is all over youtube and one of the kid tv stations. She also has clothes and room decor for the young girls. This is one of her plush toys over at Target. Such a cute, colorful plush toy that will look adorable on any little girl's bed!
This notepad would be adorable for anyone. It would be cute for toddler girls to write and draw with or would even be cute for little school age girls to take notes in at school. Even adults could like it for cute notepad on their desk for those unicorn lovers. It would make a great stocking stuffer at only $4! You can pick it up at Charming Charlies.
Vest: Target I Long Sleeve Tee: Target I Similar moto leggings: Old Navy I Socks: LC Lauren Conrad I Similar Boots: Old Navy
How fun is this vest?! It is pink and furry perfection. It is the perfect accent for the winter wardrobe or even for those holiday parties. The vest also comes in a pretty navy blue as well if pink isn't quite your thing. These socks too are my new favorites. They are so soft and fuzzy and are super warm for the cold wintry mix. They come in tons of colors that will have to order. So girly and pretty. I love look of a little sock accent popping out of the boot. Winter just began and already I am over it.
Turtleneck: Lands End I Similar Sweater Vest: Venus I Tote: Lands End I Jeans: Loft Outlet I Loafers: Target
Lately, Lands End has given me all the holiday wintery feels. I am just so in love with this tote with all the space and storage. This turtleneck is such a great basic that can be worn alone or under sweaters. This is a super old sweater vest but I still wear it and love it, mainly because it is long enough to wear with leggings. The turtleneck is shaped so it is supposed to fit a bit tighter, however I size up 1 to make it looser. It is such a comfortable shirt! Also, save 50% off all full priced items with code NOVEMBER50
Does anyone else have a dog that likes to be invasive with space? My dog Zoey is. Whenever given the opportunity, she is trying to photo bomb and trying to jump all over us. She is such a love though so we let her get away with it!
This tote has so much space! It is a great lightweight tote with a ton of pockets on the side. I can hold everything I need plus my water bottle and still have a ton of space. I love this pattern for the holidays. What I also love is that you can get this tote monogrammed for a little bit extra. I did not do that on this tote but in the future I definitely plan on getting it monogrammed. You can also get a small little pouch to put inside if you want some extra storage or to use as a wallet.
There are so many adorable items at Lands End. If you haven't checked them out in a while I highly suggest you go take a look.
As Christmas draws closer and closer, you may be wondering what to pick up those toddlers on your list. I find them to be difficult at times because they aren't yet bit enough for the big kid toys but too old for those baby toys. I put together a list for girls and for boy.
1. A doll is a great go-to for any little girl. I remember when American Girl dolls became popular which was right around the time I got too old for dolls. I secretly always wanted one though. They can get very expensive though so if you are looking for a similar, less expensive options I found another option called the Our Generation dolls. There are many options so just like American Girl dolls, you can find one that looks like the little girl. You can find them HERE.
2. A nice dress is a super cute option. Janie and Jack has super adorable dress options for little girls, most I would love for myself. They are currently 20% off. I found this adorable option with the faux fur because faux fur anything for a little girl is perfect! You can find it HERE.
3. The weather is starting to get bad. It is supposed to blizzard here in the Chicago area tonight so cold weather essentials are a must. I know little kids don't always want to wear them but that may change if they were in cute little animal shapes and fuzzy. You can find a pair HERE.
4. A cute little place setting is always a cute option Having something pretty and cute to eat off of can bring so much enjoyment to "eat time" as Bree calls it. She enjoys picking out the color place setting she wants and seems to eat better when there is a cute plate and when she was in control in deciding which one. I found an adorable option HERE.
5. Who else had Candy Land as a kid? I loved that game (and still do). I would say toddlers near the age of 3 would probably do best with a board game and Candy Land is a fun and easy option for kids to play. You can find it HERE.
6. A faux fur coat is adorable for any little girl and a cheetah print one is just too precious to pass up! Plus it will keep the little girl warm when dressed nicely during that cold weather. You can find an option HERE.
Since I don't have a little boy this was a harder category for me, but I did my best and hopefully this is helpful for you in finding a little boy gift.
1. A cute little cap is such a cute little gift. If their daddy is like my husband then they are probably used to seeing their dad with baseball caps and wants to copy along. How adorable is this little Under Armour version! You can find it HERE.
2. With the cold weather coming and snow storms on the horizon, a nice warm insulated coat is a good option for anyone on your list. I found this adorable option for a toddler boy at Old Navy. It is frost free and will keep them nice and warm this winter. You can find it HERE.
3. Most boys try to emulate their daddies so if their daddy is a handyman kind of guy then the boys may want to follow along. Obviously they aren't ready for adult size tools but kids versions are great options! I found this adorable toy chainsaw from Amazon. Based on the reviews, the safety features are impeccable so you don't have to worry about kids getting hurt. You can find it HERE.
4. A pair of snow boots is another fun option. Let's face it, when the snow hits the kids will want to go out and play! They will need warmth and to stay dry. I found a ton of cute options at Target all for great prices too! You can all the options HERE.
5. A cute sweater is another option. I know boys like to roughhouse and play dirty but sometimes boys do need to dress up a little and look nice. A cute little dinosaur sweater may actually get the boys to dress nice if they like dinosaurs. I know Bree is more accepting of getting changed if she gets to put on something with Peppa Pig. You can find this cute dinosaur sweater HERE.
6. This Mr. Bucket game is another old game. I did not own this one but I remember watching the commercials for it all the time. It really is the kind of game for either gender but it is something fun and easy to do for all toddlers and kids and also add a bit of extra play and running around while at it. You can find the game HERE.
I hope you found this list helpful for you. Feel free to leave whatever comments below!
Shirt: Old Navy I Skirt: Loft Outlet I Shoes: Kohls
I found my preppy fall outfit dream. Gingham and Corduroy are both so fall perfect. I love this blue gingham shirt. It has a nice relaxed fit and is great alone or to pair under sweaters. This skirt you may have seen me post alot because I just love this skirt! It is a great fit and so perfect for this time of year. The fabric is nice and thick to keep you warm and it is a perfect length. It doesn't feel to short but not overly long. Will pair greatly with those OTK boot but for this outfit I paired these adorable bow mules.
Seriously, how so cute are these! The bows are super cute and feminine. I love anything with that extra girly touch and bows always make everything girly. The blue is so great! I don't have any blue shoes mainly because I found it a difficult color of shoe to match but these were so worth it! They are from Kohl's so of course they are always a great price with extra savings. Lauren Conrad is by far my favorite line at Kohl's. Everything is always so pretty with the prettiest colors, feminine styles, and gorgeous prints. She makes everything! Clothes, shoes, jewelry, handbags and even home goods. I will take anything she designs!
In case you haven't heard, today is black Friday and it is the day for incredible deals and savings. There are some great deals going on and I am going to share them with you.
You can save 50% off your ENTIRE purchase! Also, tees are only $5 for the entire family. Save big on jeans as well. Wooo there is so much going on! Check it out HERE.
You can get a pair of diamond earrings for as low as $29.99 with a $50 purchase. This would make a great gift for yourself or for anyone on your list. Who wouldn't love diamond earrings!! You can find the earrings HERE.
Women's boots are as low as $19.99 and that includes the original duck boots. These are great for the winter because they are so warm and keep you dry. Shop them HERE
So many other deals including deals on sheets, 60-75% off coats, deals on girls dresses, frangrance coffets, under $20 pajamas, sales on womens tops and mens cashmere and so much more. Shop it all HERE.
Another big sale at Nordstrom. Save up to 60% off!! So many amazing finds! Some of my favorites below:
Kids Hunter boots
Girls UGG boots
Shop all kids here
Spanx faux leather leggings
Steve Madden OTK boots
Tory Burch bag
Shop all women here
Another great deal at Carters. Save 60% off the entire store, no exclusions. That is a great sale! We love Carter's clothes for Bree. Such great fits and adorable outfits! Shop it all HERE.
So many great deals at Kohls! First, save an additional 15% off with code JOY. Plus, tons of great deals like 50% off Yankee Candles, $2.99 for The Big One brand towels and pillows, 50-60% off pajamas, tons of toys on sale and great prices on clothing and jewelry. Shop it all HERE
Save 50% off the entire store at LOFT plus get adorable fuzzy slippers for only $12!! I will for sure be shopping this sale! Use code FRIYAY.
Shop it all HERE
Amazing sales going on over at JCPenney. Womens boots on sale for $20, pajama pants for the whole family is $4.99, women's tees are $4.99, luggage on sale less than $40, $9.99 jewelry and sweaters, $20 diamonds. Seriously low prices!! The deals don't stop there either. You can shop it all HERE
Sephora has amazing gifts and products available for $15 and under. There are tons of sets available that would make perfect gifts. You can shop them HERE
Great deals at Lands End. Flannel shirts for $20 and save 50% off full price items with code FRIDAY. You can shop it all HERE
Scarf: Shein I Coat: Thread & Supply I Hat (last year from Target but I found a similar option): Gap
I have been looking for a great scarf to match my favorite coat from the season and I came across this cutie on SheIn. It was only $9! I couldn't believe the price. The scarf is seriously amazing. It is so soft, thick, and a nice big scarf with adorable little fringe. The colors are great. What is even better is that it perfectly matches my cute pom pom beanie I got last year from Target. Yes! Jackpot! If you are looking for a new, great winter scarf that won't break the budget, this is seriously the one!
Sweater: Loft I Corduroy skirt: Loft Outlet I Shoes: Asos
Similar jacket: Old Navy I Similar tunic: Old Navy I Similar leggings: Old Navy I Shoes: Target
So really, the title of this post is two-fold. A first great combination is Bree and me. We really are such a pair! She is my little shadow. She is trying to follow along with the things I do and copy along with whatever activity I am doing at the time. I am not complaining. It makes my heart full to see her try to learn from me and become my little shadow. That is part of the fun of having a girl is to have a partner to do things with.
The second combination is this top and skirt. What a fun and perfectly fall color combination, wouldn't you say? A dark green and a burnt orange just screams fall and it is no surprise by now that I love color. I love fun and unique color combinations. My skirt is corduroy and seriously corduroy is the perfect cold weather fabric. It is so warm and thick. No need to worry about your skirt being too sheer. Not even possible with corduroy! The sweater is a waffle knit with a cute little pattern around the arm hole. It is such a great versatile piece.
These shoes are just perfection. I have been seeing similar ones around for really expensive. They are so classy and chic but I am a girl that needs affordable fashion. These shoes are just that. They are under $50 and super comfortable. They have a low block heel so they give extra support with the height. I walked around for a while in them and did not feel like I needed to break them in. They were just great! They are perfect with a skirt or a dress but even a pair of skinny jeans or work pants would be great with them. Anything you want to add a little extra classy touch!
How adorable is Bree! I love this outfit. It has been in our closet for about a year. She received it over a year ago for her 1st bday but it is a 2T and she is now fitting into 2T. It is all from Old Navy so I have linked similar Old Navy pieces that are available today. She is ready for fall in her little denim jacket and with all the bright colors. We may not be wearing the same exact colors but we are still a perfect match!
Scarf: Lands End I Sweater: Loft I Similar leggings (Mine are old from NY&Co): Old Navy I Similar booties (Mine are old from NY&Co): Old Navy I Earrings: Dawn Graham Designs
So I am not a lover of the snow. Yes it may look pretty and yes I like it for Christmas to have that traditional White Christmas but I don't really enjoy it the rest of the season. I like to live comfortably and I don't feel comfortable in the extremes: the extreme cold or the extreme heat. I decided that the snowing is happening so I might as well make the most of it and make it the perfect photo op.
I am so excited about the new scarf I just picked up at Lands End. This cutie is just so incredibly soft. It comes in tons of other colors but I love this pretty plaid. There is something just so classic about a pretty plaid. It makes any outfit a little extra preppy and polished. Besides being soft this cutie is just so warm. I felt a sense of joy just by having it on and feeling the softness.
Coat: Thread & Supply I Scarf: Lands End I Similar faux leather leggings: Old Navy
This adorable scarf is the perfect pairing for this coat. Can you believe this coat is less than $38 at Nordstrom? I can't believe it. I have been wearing it almost nonstop the last couple of weeks in this cold cold weather. It fits great and is so warm. The value of this is just crazy and everyone should have a classic pea coat in their collection. It is such a versatile piece and very professional looking. It looks great with a great dress or just as great with a pair of jeans. Plaid and a pea coat is a perfect pairing.