Now that I am new to this blogging world and have a few followers, I decided to write a post allowing you to get to know me a bit. Here are 10 facts about me.
1. I was born and raised in Chicago. I moved around the surrounding suburbs which I now call home to the western suburbs.
2. I am a social worker by profession. I currently work for a hospice company as a medical social worker.
3. I actually have 2 Master's degrees, an MSW and an MBA. I also received a certification in health coaching.
4. Since April 2017 I lost 30-40lbs. Most of this was baby weight but about 20lbs was weight I put on prior to pregnancy. I did this with protein shakes, tracking food and exercise with my Fitbit, and working out. I now work out 5 days a week doing a bootcamp and Orange Theory Fitness classes. I have been doing more intense workouts than I have ever done before and have seen an overall improvement in my health as well.
5. We have a house full of animals. We have 2 dogs (Nellie and Zoey) and 2 cats (Bella and Bailey).
6. I met my husband at a bar. I was working at the bar and my husband was a regular. We got married October 2013, almost 4 years to the day after we started dating.
7. My first international travelling experience was a 10week internship to Nairobi, Kenya. I did this for my MSW internship. I was able to go on Safari and visit Mombasa along the coast. It was one of the most challenging yet most rewarding experiences I ever experienced.
8. We stopped in Paris on the way home for the weekend. I turned 25 in Paris. We went in the Eiffel Tower, saw the Mona Lisa, and visited Notre Dame as well as many other Parisian excursions. Probably the best birthday I ever had.
9. Pink is my favorite color. Most of the clothes in my closet that I wear daily is either pink or blue.
10. I was a vegetarian for over a decade. I stopped when I was pregnant with Bree by adding chicken and turkey in my diet for extra protein (and some red meat when the craving hit). I now still eat chicken and turkey at times but heading back to the vegetarian lifestyle.
Hope you learned a little bit about me. Feel free to share a little about you. :)