Now that I have recently gained some new followers, I wanted to give a little information about both Bree and Me. The Me is Jena. Hi, I'm Jena. Welcome to my blog. In it I share alot of fashion, some home decor, some recipes, and my various thoughts and experiences on this journey on motherhood. First, here are 10 facts about Me (Jena):
1. I am from the Chicago area. I have lived here my whole life although I am constantly ready for a change to somewhere else, preferably somewhere a bit more warm.
2. I am a social worker by trade. I have my Master's in Social Work and I work full time as a hospice social which I love (most days).
3. I love to travel but have not really been able to much. My first out of country was in 2010 when I went on a 10 week internship to Kenya. It was definitely a life changing experience.
4. I am a miscarriage survivor. I actually have had 2, back to back within the last 6 months. It has been the hardest experiences I have had to experience. I am trying to do so one day at a time.
5. My favorite food is anything carbs and I know that is so bad. I love pasta. I love cake. I love frosting and I have a total sweet tooth.
6. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I only had cats growing up so I have a love and respect for cats but always wanted a dog. We had the cats first when we lived in apartments as dogs were not allowed. Once we got out of apartment living we immediately got our first dog and then the other just happened.
7. I used to be a vegetarian. I was one for several years until 2015 when I became pregnant with Bree. I had cravings to fulfill at times plus I wanted to make sure I got enough protein and a balanced diet while pregnant. Since then I have been eating turkey and chicken (I always ate fish and seafood) but still do not eat red meat. I don't like it.
8. Up until this year I hated country music. I tried and I tried but I never liked it. i"m not sure how or why but this year I gave it a try and I started loving it. Now when I am not listening to Christmas music (which is 11 months out of the year) I am primarily listening to country music. It is crazy, I know!
9. My favorite color is pink. I have very little of it in my home, mainly because my husband wouldn't let me but if I had my way every room would be pink. At least Bree's room is pink.
10. I am scared of spiders BUT I don't necessarily want to kill them. I don't really want to kill any bug. I am scared of heights BUT i want to go sky diving. I am also scared of the dark.
Since Bree is alot younger I will only do 5 things about her:
1. I have a stuffed bear named Bear that I must sleep with at night. If I don't have Bear I can't sleep.
2. My favorite foods are popsicles, lollipops, and chocolate. Mommy tries to feed me healthy foods and usually can try to sneak in applesauce, a banana, or olives.
3. My favorite show is Peppa Pig. I love everything Peppa although lately I have been getting into Team Umizoomi, Puppy Dog Pals, and Bubble Guppies.
4. I go to "school" 2 days a week. It is a day care program 9-1 at a local church
5. My favorite activities are singing, watching videos, cooking at my kitchen, coloring, painting, stickers, tickling and play-doh.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about us. I hope you keep checking back and following along. If you go to the contact page you can sign up to get put on our newsletter letter. It will be up and running very soon.